Tags contain the following information:
• CONSIGNOR # - This is the number assigned to each seller at registration.
• SIZE - Fill in the size if the item is clothing. Leave blank for all other items.
• CATEGORY - Choose the appropriate category for your item.
• DESCRIPTION - Please include as much detail as possible, brand name, color,
item specifics. Include any information a potential buyer might want to know.
Indicate # of pieces if more than one. A good description helps if your tag
becomes separated from an item.
• DONATE - Mark if you are going to donate or not.
• PRICE - Please use increments of $1.00. All tags must be at least $2.00 (before
the 1/2 price sale).
• DISCOUNT - Please indicate whether your item may be sold at 50% off on
Saturday from 1pm-3pm (remember if you are donating your unsold items, you
might as well let them go 1/2 price and get something out of them!).
Please use CARDSTOCK PAPER for tags. If you use regular printing paper it is easier for the tag to get detached from your items and be lost, in which case your item would not be able to be sold.
Print tags on colored cardstock if you wish to pick up unsold items at the end of the sale. Which color cardstock you use is based on your consignor number. Any items printed on white cardstock will be donated, and will not get sorted for pick-up.
Print tags on this color:
Green (light shade)
Blue (light shade)
Red (light shade)
Orange (light shade)
Purple (light shade)
Grey (light shade)
Be sure to indicate whether your items should be marked down for the 1/2 price sale by checking the box in the online inventory.
Please use numeric sizing (3m, 4T, 6) not S-M-L for children's clothing.
• Punch a hole in the tag -be sure not to punch a hole through any of the
• Hangers should look like a ? when you are looking at the front of your clothes.
• Shoes should be tied or attached together in some way.
• Any loose parts should be put in bags and attached securley to the item they go
with. Sealing bags with packing tape is a good idea.
• Please try not to put tape over barcodes. If there is tape on the barcode, the
scanner cannot read it.
• For books, attach tags with painters tape.....won't harm the cover!
• For larger items (cribs, strollers, swings, etc) please zip-tie your tag to them.
GUIDELINES FOR PRINTING TAGS
If you decide to change price or discount info, please make a new tag.
Remember to use WHITE CARDSTOCK for your tags if you wish to donate unsold items after the sale, and YOUR ASSIGNED COLOR cardstock if you wish to pick up unsold items.
• Please use an inkjet or laser printer with a
normal (not fine) print setting. Faded barcodes
or those that are too dark may not work because
the lines bleed into each other. The barcode
needs to appear crisp and clear.
• Set your printer to maximum print area (no
margins), so it doesn't cut off the bottom of the
• Be sure to print one page of tags first to make
sure they print correctly, before printing all of
BUMBLEBEES & LADYBUGS © 2010